Oil Pastel Turtle

                                         

On this activity we were shown how to draw a turtle then shown different techniques to show texture when we used the oil pastels to color the turtle. I chose the controlled swirling effect on the legs and shell. I then chose to "dot" the head of the turtle in two different colors. On the shell I layered grey and light blue to give it a more metallic feel. I then drug a paperclip through the orange triangles to give them a scaly affect. 

Extension Activity: One idea I had for this was to have the students create a new animal that know one has ever heard of. They could make it any shape, color, or size they wanted. They would then give it a name, where it is from, what it eats, and other interesting facts that they can come up with. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3-D sculpture

Van Gough